Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Surgery isn't a quick fix...

Well, one thing I've learned is that the surgery is definitely not a quick fix. I am still living with Chronic pain eight months later and have been told numerous times from doctors that this is now a life long thing. I didn't want to accept that. But the more I refused to accept it, the angrier I got. That in turn makes the pain worst, tightens muscles etc. I am now on the road to trying to accept this life change. There are things that I just can't do and I have to accept that, there is also a lot that I can. What I can do is what I have to focus on.

I have nerve damage in my neck running down my entire right arm and hand from waiting for the surgery I needed, that is the one thing that will never go away. I also have problems with my hip, lower and mid back. All of this on my right side. I do have hope in a prolotherapist. Problem? The cost. It is not covered by medical because it is not a mainstream therapy. I fully believe it will help me one day, we just have to wait for the cash to do it.

My scars from the surgery are fading. The incision on my neck was done right on my crease so it is blending pretty well. The one on my hip is kind of ugly though, but with all the stretch marks from having kids, who's gonna notice, right? :)

I have a gazillion appointments I have to keep up with for myself. I get overwhelmed and almost forget them sometimes. Especially when I'm trying to remember all of my kids appointments.

I can't miss my physiotherapy appointments though. They keep my body working so I can keep doing what needs to be done. Every Tuesday and Friday. My physiotherapist has had to deal with me so long she knows exactly what to do to get the job done. She's great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment